Why open your already pinched purse to cough up for More Stuff that No One Needs? Why not buy nothing this holiday season?
Think about it: if you’re like 99.72% of my clients you’re already suffocating under the burden of your Stuff. You even pay good money to people like me to help you de-clutter and pare down to what’s really important.
You may have called a moratorium on purchases for yourself, and hope that well-meaning friends forget to buy you yet another tschotchke – but then you go out and buy buy buy – inflicting the Pain of Stuff on someone else.
STOP. Think of the Golden Rule: “Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.”
A recent study on happiness discovered that Stuff doesn’t bring lasting happiness (even shiny red convertibles). Experiences are more important. So consider giving a gift of an experience.
Here are some modest experiential ideas:
- Tickets to a concert, show, ballgame, circus
- Special dinner, cooked and delivered by you (or a restaurant gift certificate)
- Childcare to give young parents a night out or a weekend away
- Helping hand: house cleaning, painting, weeding, handyman assistance
- Gift certificate for a massage, pedicure, some kind of lesson
- Gift certificate towards a Joyful Spaces consultation (call me at 360-314-2467!)
- Your idea here _____________